If you are using Avast Antivirus on Windows 10 and decided to uninstall the Avast completely, then this guide is for you.
In the recent past, many people have contacted me on the various steps of uninstalling Avast antivirus. However, some of them incur some errors. I will cover all that exclusively for you. So, what is Avast antivirus?
Avast antivirus is a prolific malware protection software you have been using to protect your PC from threats.
However, has it been giving you problems, and you want to get rid of Avast? Yes, if that is the case, you can uninstall the antivirus. However, you must follow the necessary steps for you to remove Avast from your PC successfully.
- Avast Uninstall Utility
- Manually Uninstalling Process
Using Avast Uninstall Utility to Uninstall Avast on Windows 10
- In this method we use Avast Utility tool completely uninstall Avast Softare. Before using the Avast Uninstall utility, you need to download the avastclear.exe from the Avast official website. Here is the link.
- Once you download the uninstall utility, the next step is to install it on your computer.
- When the installation process is done, it is time for you to open the Avast uninstall utility to ensure its working.
- Then power off your PC and switch it on while on Safe Mode.
- After doing that, you can now open the Avast Clear and proceed with uninstalling Avast antivirus from your Windows 10 PC.
When you are done with the process, you can now Restart your PC and continue with regular usage.
Manually Uninstall Avast Antivirus on Windows 10
- If you are not capable of using the first step, then you have another uninstalling option.
- First, go to your Task Manager and End Task of the Avast antivirus.
- To open Task Manager consecutively press Ctrl+Shift+Esc if you are using Windows 10 or Ctrl+Alt+Del if you are using other Windows versions.
- Right-click on Avast Antivirus on Task Manager to End Task.
- After doing that, you can now go to Apps and Features on Windows Settings by Pressing Windows + I.
- Then go to Apps.
- Select Avast Antivirus and tap it. Then choose Uninstall.
- By doing that, you will have removed it from you’re your PC.
- However, there will be other remaining files of Avast on your PC that you must remove.
- For the removal of remaining files, you need to go to File Explorer and go to the View section and Tick on Hidden Files.
- After doing that, you need to open the Registry Editor by pressing Windows + R and then type Regedit.
- Open the Registry Editor and click on View, then select Find or press Ctrl + F.
- Type Avast on the pop-up window and click on Find Next.
- You can now delete the remaining hidden files on your PC and then Restart your Computer.
Can’t Uninstall Avast Antivirus Error – Fix
During the uninstalling process, you might find difficulties to remove the software from your PC. In most cases, Can’t Uninstall Error is common.
So, what can you do when such happens? First, you will be confused and think that your PC has issues.
Yeah, it has issues. But don’t panic as here you will get to learn how to evade this error.
Solutions For Can’t Uninstall Avast Antivirus
- First, if you still have the Avast icon on your bottom right corner of your PC, then you can try if the problem can be solved.
- You need to right-click the Avast icon. Go to Settings then to the Troubleshooting page.
- The next step is to uncheck the software and click to disable self-defense.
- Once you have done all that, you can now try to uninstall Avast.
- Secondly, you need to disable all other antiviruses or files to previous antivirus programs you were using.
- They might be the cause of this error.
- After disabling the antivirus software’s on your PC now, you can freely uninstall Avast.
- It is another error that happens when you are uninstalling Avast. If you were using Norton antivirus in the past, then it might be the problem.
- You might not have used the right procedure to remove Norton from your PC.
- If that happens, you need to Run Avast Clear on Safe Mode for you to uninstall Avast antivirus from your Windows 10 PC.
Uninstalling Avast Antivirus can be challenging, but with these easy steps, I am sure that you can now remove Avast with no issues.
Thank you for your time. I would like to know how this guide has helped you. Please leave a comment and don’t forget to share this piece with friends and family.